Rules | Ring
Rules and Manners | Waiver
1. Appropriate riding hard hats and boots with heels are required at all times for all riders. (please no hiking boots, Dr. Martens or Sketcher type shoes.)
2. All guests at Coventry Farms are expected to adhere to the highest standards of decorum at all times.
3. An adult must accompany children when the child is not riding. If the child is not participating in horse riding lessons, they must be under constant adult supervision. Adults must be at least 18 years old.
4. Please pick up your trash and put it in a provided trash receptacle. Please pay particular attention to plastic bags, such as from carrots as they can kill a horse if ingested.
5. Clean up after your horse. This includes hair and poop in the alleyways and in the wash racks.
6. Limit your time in the turn out arenas to be considerate, as other would also like to use them.
7. Please use only your own supplies and equipment.
8. Treat people the way that you would like to be treated.
9. Absolutely no jumping unless your instructor is present.
10. To be able to take a jump lesson with a Coventry Farms instructor: One flat lesson is required prior to the jump lesson. This typically means two lessons per week, one flat and one jumping.
11. When taking a lesson from a non-Coventry Farms instructor the following is required before the lesson:
A. Scheduling needs to be approved by Jim or Kris McConnell to ensure that there are no conflicts.
B. $50 Arena Use Fee paid prior to lesson.
C. $25 Jump Use Fee, if jumping, paid prior to lesson.
D. Instructors must show proof of liability insurance
12. When lessons are in progress, the students have the right of way.
13. Absolutely NO SMOKING In barns, arenas and stable areas. Smoking discouraged in parking lot.
14. Arena lights will be turned off at 9:30pm and all other lights will be turned off by 10:00pm.
15. All vehicles MUST be driven in a courteous and safe manner. Speeding and failing to give right of way on one-lane sections of the drive will not be tolerated. Unsafe driving can cause the driver to loose their privilege of being a guest of Coventry Farms.
It is clearly the intent of Coventry Farms to ensure that all of our clients are treated in a fair and equitable manner. We will try our best to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. If you have any questions or concerns please bring them immediately to our attention, so that we may give them our prompt attention. Coventry Farms reserves the right to cancel or refuse lesson and/or training, and refund the associated moneys, if any of the barn rules are violated.
here> for a printable version. You will need the free Acrobat
Reader, get it <here>
Coventry Farms, Inc. has done everything
possible to assure that our guests experience a safe and fun equine related
We wish to inform our guests that equine related activities are not risk
free. The same elements that contribute to the unique character and fun
of equine related activities could cause loss or damage to equipment,
injury, illness, or in extreme cases, permanent trauma or death. We do
not want to heighten or reduce your enthusiasm for the experience, but
we do want you to know in advance what to expect, and to be informed
of some of the possible risks. We ask that you read the waiver, click
here to print, sign it, and return it to our office.
Under Colorado law, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or
the death of a participant in equine activities from the inherent risks of
equine activities. Pursuant to section 13-21-120, Colorado Revised Statutes.